Friday 10 April 2015

Hotel Inimi, Atar

Since I read on the train of iron ore between Noaudhibou and Choum, I have the dream to go one day in. I finally made it in January, 2010, the road was magnificent and the enormous adventure. However, after the route by train, 12 hours in a wagon with iron ore and the 3 hours additonal on the back of a small van on a bad track, my body was tired and bad and I was exhausted when finally to reach Atar in the morning. Fortunatelly a man named Abdul, who spoke a decent English, suggested that I would become a guest in his camp which was also an hotel.  
In the camping I was received by Nemoud, the owner of the hotel Inimi, who offered me the traditional Mauritanian tea in the tent in the courtyard. He took out map of the surrounding region, where he showed various places which would deserve to be seen and what he recommends to visit. Abdul is the man who knows everybody and can fix and organize things according to your own desires, he is as a small elf who clap and things appear. He took me to several rural areas around Atar and also visited traditional nomadic families living in the surrounding zones, in the desert and keep their herds of goats. As the buff of photos whom I am, I managed to capture beautiful photos during this tour and also to see incredible landscapes of the region of Adrar with its magnificent mountains. 
Return in Inimi Hostel, I had the choice enter to sleep in the tent or to take a room which was equipped with a mosquito net, and considering the season, I decided to go for a room with a net of which I thought that it was the best choice for me. What really amazed me by this hotel is that it is very well maintained, the shower, toilet as well as the kitchen are very clean to compare with what I saw during my journey through Mauritania. Even rooms are very well maintained and clean. The cooker in the hotel, Sid' Ahmed, is a man who knows how to cook the good food and makes adaptation with your tastes and wishes. He is always smiling and also makes sure that you eat more that you will not be leave the table hunger. My stay in the Hotel Inimi was beautiful and very restful, with the Sahara around the corner, it is also possible to walk outside in your tranquillity for a moment. 
I recommend all to travel to Atar, whether it is by bus or by the train of Nouadhibou, upon our arrival to go to the hotel Inimi of relaxation and to be looked after according to the Mauritanian hospitality, as to obtain you information on the region and what it has to offer for traveler.
If you travel with your car, there is anough place to put a truck, tents ...
The hotel inimi is probably the best which I have never had during my stay in Mauritania. Best wishes from a happy traveler